Welcome to the York-Eglinton BIA
Our commercial retail strip has long been an established corridor for the City of Toronto, providing goods and services to local residents and commuters since the early part of the 20th century.
We offer shoppers and visitors a vibrant urban marketplace with an eclectic collection of hair and beauty spots, clothing, tailors, men’s footwear, fantastic food, legal and financial services, health care, electronics and phone rescue repairs. Go to our in-line Business Directory or scroll to the bottom of the page.
What can the BIA do to make your visit to Eglinton West more AWESOME?
The York Eglinton BIA is developing a strategic plan on how to maximize our impact on on the mainstreet, while supporting businesses and continuing to host neighbourhood events and activities (the FUN stuff) over the next 4 years.
We want to hear from you. Please complete this quick survey and watch for your impact!
The is our mainstreet. Together, we make a community.
Eglinton Cityscapes: New Perspectives of Home
Photo and Art Installation in vacant storefronts January 19 – March 26 2019.
In partnership with NIA Centre for the Arts.
2018 Annual General Meeting and Board Elections
At the 2018 AGM, the York Eglinton BIA selected Board Members to serve the 2019-2022 and approved our budget for 2019.
The new Board Members will be appointed by City Council in the new year.
The newly elected Board Members are:
- Syed Fahad – SFT Tax Services
- Jenny Romero – Hair2Desire
- Joseph Borelli – AGR Electronics
- Nick Alampi – Andrew’s Formals
- Jeremiah Carreon – Jer’s Filicanasian
- Martin Jeffrey – Pure Vibes Barbershop
- Marjorie Renwick – Authorized Representative
The Board, elected by BIA members, works on behalf of the BIA to
- Set BIA priorities, and develop budgets on an annual basis
- Implement capital improvements
- Market the neighborhood and promote its business
- Plan neighbourhood events and activities
In addition, the Board
- Is responsible for the good governance of the BIA
- Leads in fostering an inclusive approach to the affairs of the BIA
There are 10 Board Meetings per year plus the AGM.
Occasionally Board Members are asked to participate in decision-making processes based on interests such as reviewing an application process or setting up an event.
The new board will be tasked with:
- Helping us through this transition period
- Building community
- Preserving neighbourhood legacy
- Making this neighbourhood an awesome place to be and do business
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Toronto’s International Marketplace in the Heart of the City
If you are looking for commercial space to rent, the BIA office may be able to assist. Please contact us email@example.com.