Welcome to the York-Eglinton BIA
The York-Eglinton BIA serves the commercial district along Eglinton Avenue West between Marlee Avenue and Dufferin Street, and along the north side of Dufferin to Whitmore Avenue. Often referred to as the commercial backbone of the city, York-Eglinton neighbourhood is easily accessible by TTC and Highway 401 via the Allen Expressway. It is the future home of both the Oakwood and Fairbank Eglinton LRT stations.
What We Do
The mandate of the York-Eglinton Business Improvement Area is to create a welcoming environment supportive to business and economic development.
We do this through:
- business recruitment
- streetscape and amenity improvement
- seasonal decorations
- organizing special events
- overseeing the improvement and beautification of properties, land, buildings and structures within the boundaries
Originally started in 1981, the York-Eglinton BIA is one of the oldest BIAs in the City. Formerly part of the old City of York the BIA has evolved along with the neighbourhood and currently covers the area between Marlee Ave and Dufferin St, going north to Whitmore Ave.
Who We Are
At the 2018 AGM, the York Eglinton BIA selected Board Members to serve the 2019-2022 and approved our budget for 2019.
The new Board Members will be appointed by City Council in the new year.
The newly elected Board Members are:
- Syed Fahad – SFT Tax Services
- Jenny Romero – Hair2Desire
- Joseph Borelli – AGR Electronics
- Nick Alampi – Andrew’s Formals
- Jeremiah Carreon – Jer’s Filicanasian
- Martin Jeffrey – Pure Vibes Barbershop
- Marjorie Renwick – Authorized Representative
The Board, elected by BIA members, works on behalf of the BIA to
- Set BIA priorities, and develop budgets on an annual basis
- Implement capital improvements
- Market the neighborhood and promote its business
- Plan neighbourhood events and activities
In addition, the Board
- Is responsible for the good governance of the BIA
- Leads in fostering an inclusive approach to the affairs of the BIA
Membership in the BIA
A BIA is established as a By-Law of the City of Toronto. All commercial property owners and all business tenants within our BIA boundaries are automatically members of the York-Eglinton BIA.
If you are a member and would like more information contact the BIA Coordinator email@example.com.