Metrolinx – Crosstown
#MyExperienceEglinton SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST
Contest Dates: September 26 to December 18, 2016 (12 weeks)
Rules of Play:
- Take a photo outside a business. Make sure the name of the store is visible
- On Eglinton Avenue, between Weston Road and Kennedy Road
- Any of the Business Improvement Area (BIA) along the Eglinton LRT Corridor (Mount Dennis BIA, The Eglinton Hill BIA, Fairbank Village BIA, York Eglinton BIA, Upper Village BIA, The Eglinton Way BIA and Mount Pleasant Village BIA)
- Post the photo on Twitter or Instagram with hashtag #MyExperienceEglinton and the name of the business
- Or email your picture to: email@example.com
A random draw will be held every Tuesday during the contest period
- Three winners will receive a $100 gift certificate or store credit to the store featured in their photo each week
- One grand prize draw for a $500 gift certificate or store credit to the store featured in their photo at the end of the contest
If you have any questions contact Crosstown. Contact Information click here
Street Furniture removal notice!
Early this week the planter box in front of the future Oakwood station will be removed. There will be some sidewalk pinching but pedestrians will still be able to pass.
There will also be a small bobcat on site to lift the planter. All of it should take just a few hours.
Traffic Light Installation Works at Oakwood Station
What Work is Taking Place?
Pending City of Toronto approvals, to prepare for the start of construction at the future Oakwood Station, crews will remove the existing traffic signal and install a temporary traffic signal for pedestrian crossing at 1543 Eglinton Avenue West. Once the next stage of construction begins in mid-August, the north/south crossing of Eglinton Avenue West at Oakwood Avenue will be closed and the new temporary crossing will facilitate pedestrian movement in the area.
Crews will also remove a traffic light pole and install an additional traffic light arm at the intersection of Eglinton Avenue West and Oakwood Avenue. A new traffic signal will be introduced to facilitate access for construction vehicles to the Main Entrance.
- Works are expected to begin in early August and will take approximately one (1) week to complete
- Work is permitted between the hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM. The contractor will not always work during the extended hours, but may do so at its discretion.
- Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances
What to Expect
- Nearby residents and businesses can expect to hear noise related to saw cutting, jack hammering, trucks, a hydro-vac truck and other construction equipment related to this work.
- As always, please take care when traveling near work sites.
Traffic & Pedestrian Details
- A minimum of 1.5 m will be maintained on all pedestrian routes.
- Short-term lane closures will occur in the eastbound and westbound curbside lanes on either side of the traffic light installations.
Thank you for your patience as we work to build this important project
For more information about this work please contact us at 416 782-8118 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecrosstown.ca
Please support your local businesses during construction
Demolition Work for Oakwood Station
Video from CrosstownToronto
Geophysical testing March 14!!
Oakwood Station Construction!
Eglinton Crosstown Line Station and Stop Names
In October 1st Crosstown released that the names of the stations are being consider and that the public has the right to give their opinion about the names. Comments will be accepted until the end of this week Friday October 9th, 2015.
Below is the information of how the names will be chosen and the process.
CROSSTOWN POST OCTOBER 1ST, 2015
The Eglinton Crosstown Project is building the Eglinton Line, a 19-kilometer light rail transit (LRT) line that will run along Eglinton Avenue through the heart of Toronto, with a 10-kilometer underground tunnel in its central section. When it’s complete, the line will connect Mount Dennis in the west to Kennedy Road in the east, and will be up to 60% faster than bus service today.
The Crosstown project is the largest transit expansion in the history of Toronto, and is one of the first wave of projects from Metrolinx’s award-winning 2008 Regional Transportation Plan for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
As we begin to construct the underground stations and surface-level stops on the line, final names must be determined for each of the stations and stops.
Metrolinx’s Design Excellence team recently completed a study on regional transit wayfinding harmonization including station, stop, and interchange naming. As part of this, a set of principles was established for selecting names which, applied consistently across the regional transit network, will help to make transit easier to navigate and avoid customer confusion.
Applying these principles to the Eglinton line has led us to propose changes to the names of seven of the line’s stations and stops.
We invite you to learn more about the principles and to provide us with your input on the new names we’re proposing for the Eglinton Line’s stations and stops. Please visit our Metrolinx Engage page.
Comments are being accepted until Friday October 9th and shortly after that, we will share a report containing all the comments we received.
Enbridge Gas Line Relocation – An Update
Crosstown post August 7, 2015
As you are aware, Enbridge Gas Distribution (Enbridge) has been relocating natural gas pipelines at the site of the future Oakwood Station. These pipelines are integral to Enbridge’s gas system and must be re-routed to ensure the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to customers in the Greater Toronto Area. The work has involved relocating a gas pipeline to Times Road, Livingstone Avenue and Marlee Avenue.
This work is nearing completion and should be finished by Friday, August 14. No further overnight work is scheduled. Restoration to any affected properties will take place following the completion of Enbridge’s work.
We recognize that the work has been an inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to improve transit in the City of Toronto.
For information regarding the Eglinton Crosstown LRT project and related construction, please contact Metrolinx at 416-782-8118.
Crosstown Community Relations Team
More information about
STATIONS AND STOPS: http://www.thecrosstown.ca/the-project/stations-and-stops
PARKING INFORMATION: http://thecrosstown.ca/parking
Eglinton Crosstown LRT West Tunnel Launch