Request for Proposals – Website
The York Eglinton BIA requests submissions for the overhaul and redesign of our website. The website is primarily a marketing tool for the Business Improvement Area but should also serve as an information portal for our member businesses. Some core components of the website will be (but are not limited to):
- An easily accessed business directory
- An ‘events’ section
- A section highlighting news and updates
- A members resource page
The total allocated budget for the website is $5,000.
Our website is www.yorkbia.com.
Tenders are being accepted until May 3, 2019.
Expected project start date is June 10, 2019.
- To create a comprehensive, user-friendly (Word Press or Joomla) website and design template that serves as an effective communication and information tool, to the benefit of all end users.
- A promotional platform for relevant updated information on events, activities and promotions
- Easy navigation from both front and back end user perspectives
- A positive user (consumer) experience
- Administrator friendly website template to aid consistency as new content is added
- Attractive and consistent design with templates that can be used for new page additions
- Published business directory as key part of website
- Website needs analysis, and proposed site specifications informed by staff and Board interviews and neighborhood snapshot (completed economic scan)
- Sitemap with a fluid layout and design that is easy to navigate (and file) information
- An easy-to-navigate website for general users who visit the area to shop, dine and access services
- Metrics plug-in for website analytics
- User manual and training
Content (subject to Needs Analysis)
- Visitors information: how to get here, where to park etc
- Business directory: published components of CRM
- News: updates, blog, newsfeeds
- Events, events calendar (Note: we have several related websites from previous and on-going events that could be linked)
- About the BIA: boundary, history, Board staff, stakeholders
- Opportunities: rfps, event planning community outreach
- Business members section: membership information, newsletters, board updates and programme reports etc
- Integration with social media and blog posts
- Contact us
Optional ad-ons and Maintenance Services
If you are able to provide any of the following as stand-alone services after the completion of the website, or as a monthly service, please indicate the service and cost as an appendix to your proposal.
- Advanced SEO
- Website metrics and analysis
- Support and Maintenance schedule for 1 year and 3 years (to assist with content and system updates)
Evaluation criteria for the proposals include the following:
- Look and feel of websites in your design portfolio
- Past performance and success on related website development projects (user end experience)
- Proposed project work plan, key dates, client engagement process
- Creative approach to address web use, design and engagement
- Qualifications of the proposed Project Team demonstrating expertise, (Design team and main coordinator must be identified)
- Cost: The quote should encompass all website work as an inclusive price
Letter of Intent: interest and approach to work
Concept proposal for the website
Portfolio and team snapshot
Budget and proposed workplan
Applications should be submitted by email with1 pdf file attachment.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with <2019 Website Proposal <Company Name>> in the subject line by May 3, 2019.